29 September 2010

NON-BELIEVERS GIVING AID


As I mentioned in my previous post, I do not donate money to religious organizations, even though they may be doing good work. My reason is that, in many cases, the relief workers are more interested in converting people than meeting their basic needs in a time of hardship or disaster.
There are plenty of secular groups which provide relief, so I choose to donate to them.
Non-Believers Giving Aid and the Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science have partnered with Doctors Without Borders to help people whose lives have been shattered by natural disasters, such as those in Haiti and, more recently, Pakistan.
All donated money, every cent, is forwarded to Doctors Without Borders.

If you are interested in contributing, please click HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of this today, but couldn't figure out how to find a non-religious humanitarian organization!! I'm glad you have listed these links!! Thank you! (Was just google searching stuff)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...