15 February 2009

CHRISTIANS BEHAVING BADLY #5 the blame game


BLAME EVERYTHING ON ABORTIONISTS AND GAYS

In my attempt to show that being religious
is not a guarantee of moral behavior,
this post is a part of my series of reports featuring the
bad behavior of religious people, past or present....

Look for other posts showing the bad behavior
perpetrated by members of other religious groups
.


Recent bushfires, blamed on arsonists, in Victoria (Australia) have burned towns, killed more than 200, and left many people homeless. Catch the Fire Ministries (CTFM) leader Pastor Danny Nalliah said he was not surprised by the bush fires due to a dream he had 10/21/08 relating to consequences of abortion laws passed in Victoria.
"In my dream I saw fire everywhere with flames burning very high and uncontrollably. With this I woke up from my dream with the interpretation as the following words came to me in a flash from the Spirit of God. That His conditional protection has been removed from the nation of Australia, in particular Victoria, for approving the slaughter of innocent children in the womb.” (ABC, Brisbane)

I find that the "God of Love" is so willing to kill hundreds of people just to prove a point about abortion.
Nalliah seems to have taken his queue from several American evangelicals.

According to Think Progress Pastor John Hagee on 9/18/06 said hurricane Katrina was the judgment of God against New Orleans because of the planned gay parade on the Monday that Katrina hit.

In 2001 Rev. Jerry Falwell knew exactly who to blame for the terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington DC. “The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say ‘you helped this happen.’”
To which his pal Pat Robertson answered with, “I totally concur.” (As reported by ACT UP)

Interesting that another religious zealot was the real culprit for 9/11 ---but of course, he wasn't of the RIGHT religion.

1 comment:

hopefully one day said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I found your latest post to be very interesting. There's always someone there to point a finger and blame someone, but god is never to blame. I find it hard to believe in anything or anyone who never accepts responsibilty.

I will work my way through your older posts and check out the blogs you've found. It's a bit like being gay and coming out of the closet, this embracing of my nonbelief. I find I've so much to learn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...